The efficient use of energy in industrial companies makes a significant contribution to energy security in Germany and to global environmental protection.
For this reason, the German government, in the form of the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA), supports the use of energy-efficient technologies and energy-saving measures.
Who is eligible for support?
Eligible for funding with a permanent establishment or branch in Germany are:
- private companies
- municipal companies
- Contractors who carry out the measures mentioned in this guideline for a company.
What requirements must be met?
- The measure to be funded must not yet have begun
- The measure must be used for at least 3 years for the intended purpose
- Proof of certification according to ISO 50.001 or EMAS
- For small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), an alternative system according to SpaEfV Annex 2 is also sufficient.
What is supported?
Within the framework of module 3 of the BAFA subsidy, hardware and software components are subsidized in connection with the establishment of an energy management system. The objects of support are divided up as follows:
Purchase, installation and commissioning of energy management software to support an energy management system.
Measurement and counter technology
The purchase of metering technology to capture energy flows and incorporate it into the energy management system is also encouraged.
The instruction and training in the use of the energy management software.